As a result of recommendations from both the Australian Government and NSW Health, Carrington have imposed the following restrictions from the 17th March, 2020.
These measures are to ensure the safety and well being of our residents are top of mind during this coronavirus outbreak in NSW.
Families should have received a letter from the Chief Executive outlining these changes.
- We have asked families to NOT visit our facilities for the foreseeable future.If you do need to urgently visit, please contact your Care Service Manager via phone to discuss your options.
- All visits from schools, day cares, volunteers, church groups, and pastoral care volunteers have been suspended for at least the next two weeks
- External outings will be decided on a case by case basis, to ensure our residents are not exposed to potential infection from members of the local community
- Inter facility group days have been postponed for now, and we will be monitoring this on an ongoing basis.
- The Wellness Group and any Community Care outings have been postponed for the time being
- All client services will continue as normal
- Independent Living residents (ILU) who have returned from international travel are required to self isolate in their units for 14 days
- Family members of ILU residents are encouraged to postpone visits to their loved ones in the village if they have: had contact with someone who has tested positive to coronavirus, have returned from overseas travel themselves, or are experiencing flu like symptoms
- ILU residents who are experiencing flu like symptoms are required to contact their GP for a test for coronavirus and notify Carrington staff
- ILU Activity groups have been suspended
- The Carrington Recreation Building, pool area, and Gym are closed until further notice
In the interest of the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff, from Thursday 19th March until further notice, our Rocksalt restaurant will be closed for dine in service.
- Rocksalt will be available for takeaway service only from Wednesdays to Sundays 10.00am-2.00pm.
- Our Rocksalt delivery service for our village residents will remain as usual and will still operate from Wednesdays-Sundays.
We understand that this is a difficult time for all involved, and that the situation has the potential to change quickly.
Should you have any questions, you can contact the Customer Service Team on 1300 590 590.