At Carrington we aim to provide the highest quality care to our residents and community care clients.
One of the ways in which we do this is through the provision of physiotherapy services that focus upon maintaining independence and safety for both our residents and clients.
Services provided by our highly skilled physio team include:
Residental Aged Care
- Initial mobility and manual handling assessments for all newly welcomed residents
- Continual review of all residents in respect to their physical needs
- Weekly pain clinics to assist with the management of chronic aches and pains
- Weekly up-to-date, evidence-based exercise classes focused on falls prevention and generalised upper/lower limb strengthening
- Weekly external exercise therapy provided by local TAFE students overseen by the physiotherapy department
- Regular staff training across all facilities to ensure maximum safety for residents and staff during manual handling tasks
- One-on-one exercise therapy with our experienced physiotherapy assistants can be assigned by the physiotherapists for residents requiring additional support
- Ability to liasise with external consultants in regards to the prescription of specialist equipment
- In depth and thorough initial assessments for all new clients to highlight physical status and any additional support such as equipment that may be required
- Continual exercise therapy, one-on-one with a physiotherapist on a regular cycle
- Regular staff training within the community to ensure maximum safety for our clients, families and staff during manual handling tasks
- Liaison with care coordinators regarding equipment and services required in order to maximise independence of the client and reduce the stress on family support networks